Recently played

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Boardgaming podcasts

To entertain me when I am driving or my journey to office, I often listen to podcasts. Right now my podcasts cover only 2 main topics: Computer gaming and of course Boardgaming. Computer gaming wise I listen only to IGN's family of podcasts (Beyond, Game Scoop and Knockin' Boots). Boardgaming wise I listen to much more. Namely:

The D6 Generation - Awesome podcast with very entertaining hosts. My opinions on the games they review don't often coincide though.

The Dice Tower - Another very entertaining podcast with a lot of reviews as well. Still my opinions on the games they review are usually different.

Gamers with Jobs - Conference Call - Mostly on video gaming but recently they started to talk about boardgames.

How To Play Podcast - Very good podcast on how to play games. Sometimes I wonder if I can just play this so that my fellow gamers can understand how to play the game instead of me explaining :P

The Little Metal Dog Show - Podcast from the UK. He uses adjectives to great effect. I feel a bit... overwhelming sometimes.

Ludology - A good indepth discussion podcast on the technicality of boardgames like mechanisms and psychology.

Myriad Game Presentations - A set of different types of podcasts from session reports to reviews from the good folks at Myriad Games.

On Board Games - Interesting and funny podcast. I wish Scott Nicholson will be back more often! :P

The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast - Very good production value podcast and quite entertaining to listen to as well. Again my opinions on the games they like differ (I am sensing a trend here....)


I found this site which gives information on boardgaming podcasts. If you are interested do check it out here!

Which Podcasts do you listen to? Any other recommendations for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment